BCEIA Announces Partnership with Shifting Growth Goal is to increase community access to urban community gardens and greenspace
BCEIA is pleased to announce a partnership
Growth, a non-profit organization with a mission to transform
vacant properties and brownfields into temporary community
By identifying and jointly pursuing brownfields,
underutilized lands and vacant lots within the lower mainland of
British Columbia, the goal is to transform these areas into
temporary urban community gardens and greenspaces, thereby
promoting the potential for brownfield utilization and
Together, the BCEIA and Shifting Growth
- establish unique approaches to safely utilizing urban
- promote the approach of establishing temporary community
gardens on urban brownfields and vacant properties.
- increase the communities understanding of brownfields through
- provide resources for community members to safely undertake
community garden activities on brownfields.
- provide opportunities for BCEIA member companies to assist in
the remediation of contaminated sites.
- initiate branding and marketing for the project, whereby this
agreement allows the use of the partnership parties' name and logo
to be used in marketing and business material.
Learn more about Shifting Growth and their
featured Clark and
12th Temporary Community Garden.